Terms & Conditions
Golf Holiday Shop Terms & Conditions
Golfhoilidayshop.com is the trading name of Golf Holiday Shop.
The company is registered at the address:
Golf Holiday Shop
For all Golf Holidays, your contract for a booking will be on the basis of these Booking Conditions. Please read them carefully as you will be bound by them.
We accept bookings for one type of holiday and golf break as set out below:
“On-site bookings” is where you book accommodation and golf, both provided by the contracted ground handler where you are visiting. (“Accommodation” in these conditions includes hotels, villas and self-catering condominiums and any other type of accommodation you may book with us). On-site bookings comprise of accommodation-only services organised for us by our ground handlers in each destination and do not constitute package holidays under The Package Travel, Package Holidays and Package Tours Regulations 1992.
Any bookings you make with any other third party provider in the relevant section of our website do not form part of your booking with us and are governed by the terms and conditions of those third party providers. We do not have any liability whatsoever in relation to those services.
Although all reasonable efforts have been made to ensure the accuracy of the information (including prices) in our leaflets, on our website (www.golfholidayshop.com in our email correspondence/ promotional material and quotations, unfortunately unexpected changes and errors may occasionally occur. You must therefore check the details of your chosen holiday (including the price) at the time of booking.
2. PRICE AND PAYMENT
Golf Holiday Shop reserve the right to increase the price of any holiday advertised on our website or in our leaflets at any time before you book. Any price changes will be clearly advised to you at the time of booking. Any subsequent reduction in prices due to special offers advertised will not apply to confirmed bookings.
A non-refundable deposit of £50 per person must be paid at the time of booking. We reserve the right to ask for an additional deposit amount for certain bookings where we need to pre-pay an additional sum to secure your booking. The balance of your holiday must be paid no later than 8 weeks before the date for overseas golf holidays and 6 weeks before the date you are due to travel for UK golf holidays for the contracted holiday that is due to commence (the “Balance Due Date”). In some cases bookings may require full payment more than six weeks in advance of your holiday, this will however be clearly advised to you at the time of booking. Bookings made less than 6 weeks before the date the holiday is due to commence, must be paid in full at the time of booking.
If the deposit balance or final balance is not paid by the Balance Due Date, we reserve the right to cancel your booking and retain your deposit paid.
3. METHODS OF PAYMENT
Payment can be made by debit or credit card.
4. BOOKING AND CONFIRMATION OF BOOKING
Bookings must be made by telephoning our Sales office on +441752876829 or emailing us firstname.lastname@example.org You must be 18 years or over to make a booking and all bookings are subject to availability. Once you have confirmed your booking by telephone or email and paid the required deposit per person, we will then email you (or post, if requested) your booking confirmation, which will show the balance to be paid, and the date by which it is due. A contract will exist as soon as we issue the booking confirmation. Please check the booking confirmation carefully as soon as you receive it paying special attention to the room type and tee times. Contact us immediately if any information, which appears on the confirmation or any other document, appears to be incorrect or incomplete as it may not be possible to make changes later. We do not accept liability for errors notified to us after 72 hours of the date of booking the break.
4.1 GROUP BOOKINGS:
Where your booking is for more than one person, the named person responsible for booking your holiday will be treated as the lead name for your booking. When you make a booking you guarantee that you have the authority to accept and do accept on behalf of your party the terms of these Booking Conditions. The lead name will be responsible for making all payments due to us in accordance with our contract. The lead name is also responsible for keeping all members of his/her party informed as to the booking details, and informing us, in writing, of any amendments to the booking.
5. CANCELLATIONS/AMENDMENTS BY YOU
You may change the numbers of persons in your group booking, transfer your holiday to another person, or cancel your holiday at any time provided that the person who originally booked the holiday gives notification to us in writing.
As we will incur costs in cancelling confirmed bookings, particularly if cancellations occur close to the departure date, you will be charged a cancellation fee. If you cancel your break or the number in your group booking reduces before the final balance is due, we will retain the deposit paid by (or due from if still outstanding) each person cancelling as a cancellation fee. If you cancel after the final balance is due you may be charged the outstanding balance as a cancellation fee depending on the destinations ground handlers’ cancellation policy. Please contact email@example.com in order to find out your ground handler’s specific cancellation policy.
Any holiday amendment is subject to availability and we may not always be able to fulfill your request. We will normally agree to a transfer of your booking to another person if you are prevented from travelling by reason of an unavoidable event (such as illness, death of a close relative or jury service), provided we receive 14 days notice prior to the departure date. We may require satisfactory evidence before agreeing to the transfer. In the event of any other amendments, you must pay in addition all costs incurred by us in making the amendment together with any costs or charges incurred or imposed by any of the hotel or suppliers concerned. In particular, if numbers change so that there is an odd number remaining in the party, single room supplements will apply.
6. CANCELLATIONS/AMENDMENTS BY US
Occasionally, we have to make changes to, and correct errors in our information, (either leaflets or on our website) both before and after bookings have been confirmed, as well as cancelling confirmed bookings. Whilst we always endeavor to avoid changes and cancellations, we must reserve the right to do so. However we will not cancel your Holiday booking after the Balance Due Date, except for reasons of force majeure (as defined in clause 14 below), cancellation by a third party supplier in the case of tours where minimum numbers are required or failure by you to pay the final balance by the Balance Due Date.
Most changes are minor and we will advise you of them at the earliest possible date. Occasionally, we have to make a “significant change” and we will tell you of any such change as soon as reasonably possible if there is time before departure. If we make a significant change or cancel your break, we will offer you the choice of the following options:
(i) accepting the changed arrangements; or
(ii) purchasing an alternative break from us. In the case of a Holiday booking, if available, we will offer you an alternative break of equivalent or higher standard for which you will not be asked to pay any more than the price of the original break., or
(iii) cancelling or accepting the cancellation in which case you will receive a full and quick refund of all monies you have paid to us.#
In addition, if we have to make a significant change to or cancel your holiday booking, we will pay you compensation, if appropriate. However, compensation will not be payable and no liability beyond offering the above-mentioned choices is accepted where we are forced to make a change or cancel as a result of force majeure (as defined in clause 14 below) or if we cancel as a result of your failure to comply with any requirement of these booking conditions entitling us to cancel (such as paying on time). No compensation will be payable in any circumstances if we change or cancel a Holiday booking and any amendment or cancellation fees you incur in terms of other agreements you have made with other providers under separate contracts are not claimable from us.
7. COMPLAINTS DURING YOUR HOLIDAY
If you have a complaint or experience any problems during your holiday please inform the ground handler concerned as soon as possible (all contact details will be provided prior to departure). All complaints must be put in writing. If the matter cannot be rectified at the time, you must notify our main office address in writing, giving your booking reference and all other relevant information within 28 days of completion of your break. If you fail to follow this procedure, this may affect your entitlement to claim compensation where this would or may otherwise have been appropriate.
8. OUR LIABILITY TO YOU
(1) In relation to your bookings, we promise to make sure that the booking arrangements we have agreed to make perform or provide as applicable as part of our contract with you are made, performed or provided with reasonable skill and care. This means that, subject to these booking conditions, we will accept responsibility if, for example, you suffer death or personal injury or your contracted booking arrangements are not provided as promised or prove deficient as a result of the failure of ourselves, our employees, agents or suppliers to use reasonable skill and care in making, performing or providing, as applicable, your contracted booking arrangements and, in the case of your contracted booking arrangements not being provided as promised or proving to be deficient, that this has affected your enjoyment of your holiday. Please note it is your responsibility to show that reasonable skill and care has not been used and that your enjoyment of the holiday has been affected if you wish to make a claim against us. In addition, we will only be responsible for what our employees, agents and suppliers do or do not do if they were at the time acting within the course of their employment (for employees) or carrying out work we had asked them to do (for agents and suppliers). We have a duty to select the ground handlers with reasonable skill and care, but have no liability to you for the actual provision of the accommodation, except in cases where it is proved that we have breached that duty and damage to you has been caused. We will have no liability therefore, providing we have selected the ground handler with reasonable care and skill, to you for anything that happens at the accommodation or any acts or omissions of the ground handler or others.
We will not be responsible for any injury, illness, death, loss (for example loss of enjoyment), damage, expense, cost or other sum or claim of any description whatsoever which results from any of the following:
the act(s) and/or omission(s) of the person(s) affected or any member(s) of their party;
– or the act(s) and/or omission(s) of a third party not connected with the provision of your booking and which were unforeseeable or unavoidable;
– unusual and unforeseeable circumstances beyond our control, the consequences of which could not have been avoided even if due care had been exercised; or
– an event of ‘force majeure’ (as defined in clause 15 below).
(2) Please note, we cannot accept responsibility for any services which do not form part of our contract. This includes, for example, any additional services or facilities, which your hotel or any other supplier agrees to provide for you where the services or facilities are not advertised in our brochure and we have not agreed to arrange them.
(3) The contractual commitment we make to you about the services we have agreed to provide or arrange as part of our contract – and the laws and regulations of the country in which your claim or complaint occurred – will be used as the basis for deciding whether the services in question had been properly provided. If the particular services which gave rise to the claim or complaint complied with local laws and regulations applicable to those services at the time, the services will be treated as having been properly provided. This will be the case even if the services did not comply with the laws and regulations of the UK which would have applied had those services been provided in the UK. The exception to this is where the claim or complaint concerns the absence of a safety feature, which might lead a reasonable client to refuse to take the break in question.
(4) Our liability, except in cases involving death, injury or illness, shall be limited to a maximum of three times the cost of your booking. In addition, where any claim or part of a claim (including those involving death or personal injury) concerns or is based on any travel arrangements (including the process of getting on and/or off the transport concerned) provided by any sea, rail or road carrier or any stay in a hotel, the maximum amount of compensation we will have to pay you will be limited. The most we will have to pay you for that claim or that part of a claim if we are found liable to you on any basis is the most the carrier or hotel keeper concerned would have to pay under the international convention or regulation which applies to the travel arrangements or hotel stay in question (for example, the Athens convention for international travel by sea). Please note: Where a carrier or hotel would not be obliged to make any payment to you under the applicable International Convention or Regulation in respect of a claim or part of a claim, we similarly are not obliged to make a payment to you for that claim or part of the claim. When making any payment, we are entitled to deduct any money which you have received or are entitled to receive from the transport provider or hotelier for the complaint or claim in question. Copies of the applicable International Conventions and Regulations are available from us on request.
(5) Please note, we cannot accept any liability for any damage, loss, expense or other sum(s) of any description (1) which on the basis of the information given to us by you concerning your booking prior to our accepting it, we could not have foreseen you would suffer or incur if we breached our contract with you or (2) which did not result from any breach of contract or other fault by ourselves or our employees or, where we are responsible for them, our suppliers. Additionally we cannot accept liability for any business losses.
(6) You must provide ourselves and our insurers with all assistance we may reasonably require. You must also tell us and the supplier concerned about your claim or complaint. If asked to do so, you must transfer to us or our insurers any rights you have against the supplier or whoever else is responsible for your claim or complaint (if the person concerned is under 18, their parent or guardian must do so). You must also agree to cooperate fully with us and our insurers if we or our insurers want to enforce any rights which are transferred.
9. PROMPT ASSISTANCE DURING YOUR HOLIDAY
If the contract we have with you for your Holiday booking is not performed or is improperly performed as a result of failures attributed to a third party unconnected with the provision of services, or as a result of failures due to unusual or unforeseeable circumstances beyond our control, the consequences of which could not have been avoided even if all due care had been exercised, or an event in which we or our suppliers, even with all due care, could not foresee or forestall, and you suffer an injury or other material loss, we will offer you such prompt assistance as is reasonable in the circumstances.
All travellers should carry adequate travel insurance. Please note that not all insurance policies intended for travel overseas are adequate to cover you for the UK breaks we feature. It is your responsibility to ensure that the insurance cover you purchase is adequate for your particular needs. We do not check insurance policies. Please read your policy details carefully and take them with you on your break.
11. SPECIAL REQUESTS AND MEDICAL PROBLEMS
If you have any special requests; you must advise us at the time of booking. Although we will endeavor to pass any reasonable requests on to the relevant supplier, we regret we cannot guarantee any request will be met. Confirmation that a special request has been noted or passed on to the supplier or the inclusion of the special request on your confirmation or any other documentation is not confirmation that the request will be met. Unless and until specifically confirmed, all special requests are subject to availability.
If you or any member of your party has any medical problem or disability that may affect your break, please tell us before you confirm your booking. In any event, you must give us full details in writing at the time of booking. If the supplier in question reasonably feels unable to properly accommodate the particular needs of the person concerned, we must reserve the right to decline your reservation or, if full details are not given at the time of booking, cancel when we become aware of these details.
12. THE ACCOMMODATION
Golf Holiday Shop cannot accept responsibility for Unauthorised occupancy. The whole party risks being forced to leave their accommodation.
In this scenario reaccommodation is at the additional expense of the client. We reserve the right to terminate without compensation the holiday tenancy of any client(s) whose behaviour is causing annoyance or damage to property or persons whether employees, other clients or owners. Any damage to property will be the responsibility of the group which may lead to prosecution and or a fine / charge from supplier.
13. COURSE CONDITIONS
We cannot be held responsible for the actual playing conditions of the golf courses whether caused by course maintenance, or weather conditions etc. Golf course closure due to bad weather conditions is at the discretion of the golf course. Temporary tees and greens are non-refundable and unavoidable at times due to local weather and maintenance conditions. In the event of a course being closed during your break we will try and source a credit for a round in the future at the same course or a refund, please note neither are guaranteed and are at the discretion of each local course.
14. HANDICAP CERTIFICATES
In some cases certificates must be produced prior to play. We recommend you take a Certificate with you to avoid any disappointment.
15. GREEN FEES
Cancellation of confirmed times may incur cancellation charges up to the value of the pre-paid green fee, subject to the cancellation policy of the course involved. Single golfers on courses where buggies are included are liable to pay an additional charge for the single buggy hire locally. Golf Clubs reserve the right to make up matches to 4 balls. Whilst we endeavour to meet requests for specific courses, days and times, these are subject to availability and we cannot guarantee we can meet them. Accordingly, requests are not binding on us.
16. PASSPORTS VISAS AND HEALTH REQUIREMENTS
British Citizens must have a full British Passport in order to travel to any of our destinations outside the UK. For travel to the Republic of Ireland British Citizens will require some form of photographic official ID. Most ferry companies and airlines flying from the UK to the Republic of Ireland will require you to have your passport and we strongly recommend that you take your passport with you. A full British passport presently takes approximately 6 weeks to obtain. If you or any member of your party is 16 or over and haven’t yet got a passport, our recommendation is that you should apply for one at least 6 weeks before your holiday. The UK Passport Service has to confirm your identity before issuing your first passport and has from October 2006 asked you to attend an interview in order to do this. All costs incurred in obtaining such documentation must be paid by you. We regret we cannot accept any liability if you are refused entry onto any transport or into any country due to failure on your part to carry correct documentation. If you or any member of your party is not a British citizen or holds a non British passport, you must check passport and visa requirements with the Embassy or Consulate of the country(ies) to or through which you are intending to travel.
The Foreign and Commonwealth Office provides up to date information to help you make an informed decision about travelling abroad. Visit www.fco.gov.uk/knowbeforeyougo" class="redactor-autoparser-object">http://www.fco.gov.uk/knowbefo... .
Health requirements may change and you must check the up to date position in good time before departure by visiting the travel advice section on the Department of Health’s website.
We regret we are not in a position to offer you any assistance in the event of travel delays at your outward or homeward point of departure for Flights, Ferry, or Eurotunnel bookings. In the event of delay, the provision of refreshments is dependent on the individual operator’s policy. We do not book flights and cannot accept liability for any delay due to personal arrangements made for travel.
18. CITY TAXES
Resorts or Hotels may charge a small fee for a local city tax when checking in at the accommodation. This charge will not be covered in your Golf Holiday Shop Golf Holiday and must be paid by every party member locally.
19. TRAVEL ADVICE
By travelling on a Golf Holiday Shop Golf holiday you acknowledge you have visited www.fco.gov.uk and researched the destination and agree to travel based on their guidelines.
20. YOUR TRAVEL VOUCHERS
The travel vouchers contain your booking details. It is your responsibility to check these are correct, please contact us within 48 hours of receipt if there are any anomalies. We do not accept responsibility for any changes to these details after this period, any costs incurred in making any changes required will be charged to yourself.
Excursions or other tours that you may choose to book or pay for whilst you are on holiday are not part of your package holiday provided by us.
22. FORCE MAJEURE
In these Booking Conditions, “force majeure” means any event which we or the supplier of the service(s) in question could not, even with all due care, foresee or avoid. Such events may include, without limitation, war or threat of war, riot, civil strife, actual or threatened terrorist activity, industrial dispute, natural or nuclear disaster, adverse weather conditions, fire and all similar events outside our control.
23. DATA PROTECTION
In order to process your booking and to ensure that your travel arrangements run smoothly and meet your requirements, we need to use the information you provide such as name, address, and any special needs/dietary requirements etc. We take full responsibility for ensuring that proper security measures are in place to protect your information. We must pass the information on to the relevant suppliers of your travel arrangements (i.e. ground handlers, etc). The information may also be provided to security or credit checking companies, public authorities such as customs/immigration if required by them, or as required by law. You are entitled to a copy of your information held by us. If you would like to see this please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We may make a small charge for providing this to you.
24. GOVERNING LAW AND JURISDICTION
We both agree that English Law (and no other) will apply to your contract with us and to any dispute, claim or other matter of any description which arises between us (except as set out below). We both also agree that any dispute, claim or other matter of any description (and whether or not involving any personal injury) which arises between us by the Courts of England and Wales only unless, in the case of Court proceedings, you live in Scotland or Northern Ireland as applicable (but if you do not so choose. English law will apply).
We are members of Protected Trust Services so all bookings made with us are secure and your money is always safe, something we think is very important in the current economic climate.
Golf Holiday Shop
Office +441752876829 or Email email@example.com
What our clients say
Location: Portugal | ' A Great five days!
A great five days! The service Stewart provided was second to none. A very slick operation. The hotel, Marina club in Lagos, was above expectation with very helpful staff, along with a good choice of breakfast and wide selection of drinks in the bar. Very close to restaurants and town with a choice for every taste. The golf course, Palmares was very challenging with three very different nine holes.
I have 16 very happy golfers along with myself already thinking of our next golfing holiday.
Location: Alicante | ' Top class service
Top class service and a fantastic golf holiday to Alicante - definitely recommended for anyone that wants a great golfing holiday
Location: Cyprus | 'Super Holiday'
We had a super holiday in Paphos, this is a great place to play golf in the sun, the only problem now is we go back to cold Moscow and no more golf until April. Stewart was very easy to deal with and looked after everything, we even had complimentary snacks and drinks for each days golf.
Location: Bulgaria | 'Great organisation'
Great organisation. Exceptionally prescribed. We have utilised GHS twice now and the courses of action have been flawless in the two cases. Stewart is constantly useful and proficient, the documentation is finished and exceptionally clear. The special seasons have been actually as depicted, and the suggestions made to us have demonstrated to be particularly in accordance with our necessities.
Location: Spain | 'Truly educated'
Four of us had an occasion to Spain not long ago sorted out by Golf Holiday Shop and we would suggest them wholeheartedly. Stewart made the courses of action for us once more, he is truly educated and gives an individual help. Our gathering has extremely elevated requirements as far as our desires and Stewart consistently coordinates those desires.
Location: Greece | 'Simplicity of booking'
Fantastic help. Simplicity of booking, individual consideration from starting request. full data given and clarified, Excellent help!!
Location: Turkey | 'Very well organised'
All our clients have a great tuition trip to Belek, very well organised and we look forward to return again next year.
Location: Turkey | 'Great value for money'
Awesome trip to Belek on 5 amazing courses. Great value for money and we look forward to more business together
Location: Algarve | 'Transfer arrangements worked really well'
Stewart was world class. Twenty of us went to Portugal, the courses we played on were absolutely superb. The transfer arrangements worked really well and gave us enough times for a few beers afterwards. Hotel was perfect location to walk out and gave a beer in the evening. Stewart is very caring and has always provided a memorable golf tour for us over the years.
Location: Turkey | 'Super golf courses'
Thanks to Stewart for all his help in organising this holiday for us, we had a great time in Belek, super golf courses. Will contact you soon to arrange the next trip in May.
Location: Vilamoura | 'Hassle free'
I Highly recommend Stewart, he has arranged our trips to Spain, Portugal and Turkey over the years, all the trips have been top quality, hassle free and with no hiccps. He literally Takes care of it all to ensure everything runs smoothly.
Location: Crete | 'Fantastic holiday'
We had a great week exploring crete, this Island was a real joy and thank you to Stewart for his invaluable knowledge of where to go, places to see etc. Crete golf club is a real gem, a good challenge with incredible views of the mountains and sea, we teed off at 5pm one day and almost had the whole course to ourselves, heaven!
Location: Tenerife | 'Thanks for organising a memorable trip'
Thanks for organising a memorable trip, the highlights were going to the top of Mount Tiede, playing Costa Adeje, a mouthwatering front 9, amarilla was fun, las americas top class and the lovely people we met at golf del sur. Hire car arrangements were spot on
Location: Sesimbra | 'Amazing holiday'
We had an Amazing holiday in Sesimbra, the Sana Sesimbra was absolutely first class, the staff could not do enough for us and Sesimbra, the surrounding area and the golf courses were absolutely fabulous. The hire car arrangements were very efficient, i highly recommend using Golf Holiday Shop, Stewart and travelling to the Sesimbra area.
Location: Belfry | 'Enjoyable weekend'
Stewart organised a thoroughly enjoyable golf weekend for us, everything was very quick and easy when booking and the price was very good, will use again.
Location: Algarve | 'Great Value'
Stewart organised us another fabulous golf holiday. Once again it was the small bits we were really impressed with like the welcome table with drinks at Espiche. Thank you for your efforts
Location: Lagos | 'Meticulous planning'
We have been travelling for our annual golf jolly tour for the best part of 20 years and this one really stood out thanks to Stewart's meticulous planning. It was quite a challenge that we put upon him booking his recommended restaurants for a group of 24 men and 6 demanding ladies, he even arranged the resort on the final day to have a leaderboard for us waiting on the 18th, a class touch!
Location: Costa De Luz | 'Best golf holiday to date'
Another cracking holiday to Spain, the best golf holiday to date, we were a little rushed to by the tee starters one morning but other than that everything was first class.
Location: El Rompido | 'Great fun week'
We had a great fun week at El Rompido, Stewart once again came up trumps and organised our best holiday yet, superb courses, facilities and selection of food
Location: Tavira | 'As always very professional'
As always very professional, all changes to Itinerary were easily achieved.
Great quality of Courses chosen and the Maria Nova Lounge Hotel was superb, really enjoyed the town. As a package for 6 it was very good value and we will certainly continue to book again.